The Local Area
attractions,WELCOME TO THE WEST COUNTRY
Whether you enjoy sandy beaches, idyllic countryside walks or traditional seaside towns; with a holiday home at Brean, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Just 10 minutes away on foot, you will find seven miles of golden sands, access to national cycle routes, and the newest stretch of the England Coast Path at the National Trust site of Brean Down.
Brean Down is a natural pier with a Victorian fort, which on clear days offers unrivalled views of the Somerset Coast and the South Wales coastline. Cattle and wild ponies can be found grazing, and there’s an abundance of flora and fauna, changing with the seasons. The location is favoured by walkers, cyclists, wildlife enthusiasts and photographers. Brean Beach featured in The Telegraph as one of the top 10 dog-friendly beaches, and The Guardian hailed Brean Down as one of the top 10 walks in the UK.
exploreHoliday resort unity is THE PERFECT BASE FROM WHICH TO EXPLORE THE WEST COUNTRY
- The historic maritime city of Bristol, with vibrant waterfront, bars, restaurants and attractions
- Wells, famous for The Bishop’s Palace and Gardens, and Wells Cathedral
- Cheddar Gorge, caves and village
- Glastonbury; visit the Tor and Chalice Well
- Weston-super-Mare; The Grand Pier
- Wookey Hole Caves
- Dunster and the West Somerset Coast
- The National Trust site of Brean Down
- England Coast Path which links to the South West
- Coastal Path at Minehead